StopTrumpsWall.org is a not-for-profit organization that opposes the proposed Mexican border wall that President Trump is planning to build.
The Short-term plan?
Because we have limited resources and don’t want to waste people’s money, we are creating a short-term plan to jump start the effort to then move into the long-term plan. The short-term plan is:
Stop Trump’s Wall Video Contest
Create a 2 to 5 minute video detailing why the wall is immoral and Un-American. Categories include:
- The wall is unwelcoming
- It is a spectacular waste of money
- It is bad for the environment
- It won’t work
Post your on youtube or Vimeo and get people to view it. We ask that you ensure your videos are in good/appropriate taste. While you may say the video has been created for the StopTrumpsWall.Org video contest, we are not responsible for its content.
Register your video for the contest at by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the video, the category it falls into, and the link to it. Also, sign up below under the long-term plan section.
Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place videos registered by July 4, 2019 with ranking by the highest number of views according to the YouTube or Vimeo site depending on which platform it was posted. If you would like us to combine posts, please note that in your registration e-mail.
Note: we reserve the right to disqualify any video that we deem to have inappropriate content or that does not fit with the category entered.
We are funding nominal prizes at this time. They are:
$100 – most views
$50 – second most views
$25 – third most views
HOWEVER, we are also asking for donations to increase the prize money. For the first $3,000 we obtain, we will add to the prizes in proportional amounts. Between $3,000 and if we get to $6,000 we will hold an event in the Pacific Northwest to show the winning videos with a nominal entrance donation request. From $6,000 to $20,000 in donations we will add 1/3 to the prize money and 2/3rd to fund the event and hire a coordinator to move us to the Long-term plan (see below). To give a donation, use paypal to send to email@example.com.
What’s the Long-term plan?
We believe that this wall is immoral, un-American, and a spectacular waste of taxpayer money. If you want to support stopping this wall, please sign up at the sign up page.
We’re not asking for money now for the Long-term plan – we will ask when we get a critical mass of supporters who want to get behind our effort. Once we achieve critical mass we will send out a notification, a link to a “go fund me” site, and request you go there to donate at that time.
How we will stop the wall?
Below is a summary of our plan, but if you want more detail, jump to: “How we stop the wall”
- Create the logistics infrastructure to allow people to conduct “protest-tourism.”
- Provide resources to anyone suing a construction company that bids to work on the wall.
- Develop a media campaign to publicize opposition to the wall.
- Implement a “go fund me”-type site to pay for expenses related to protest logistics and litigation (but ideally it’s mostly pro bono lawyers).
Next Steps in the Plan:
- Identify if there’s enough support to make this organization viable. To that end, please sign up. We don’t want any money now, we just want know whether you will pledge at least $10 once the go-fund-me site is live. When we have a critical mass of supporters, we will take the “go fund me” site live and begin to implement our plan.
- Create a 501(c)4 not for profit organization
- Recruit a board of directors
What we will do with your money:
- Purchase Officers and Directors insurance to protect the board against any lawsuits
- Hire a student worker at a living wage ($15) to implement the vision of the organization and the board. This would include:
- Publicizing the organization
- Additional fundraising
- Research what companies are planning to bid on building the wall
- Identifying where the wall would be built and start to work on the logistics for protest tourism
- Recruit lawyers for helping with litigation support
- Recruit celebrities and film makers for the advertising